A Checklist for Putting Positive Youth Development Characteristics into Action in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
This checklist was published by the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Adolesecent Health.
HERE'S HOW THE AUTHORS DESCRIBE THIS TOOLKIT:
This checklist helps programs to assess how they are doing at implementing characteristics of positive youth development into their program. The eight key practices covered are:
- Physical and psychological safety;
- Appropriate structure;
- Supportive relationships;
- Opportunities to belong;
- Positive social norms;
- Support for efficacy and mattering;
- Opportunities for skill-building; and
- Integration of family, school, and community efforts.
Office of Adolescent Health. (n.d). A Checklist for Putting Positive Youth Development Characteristics into Action in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs. Retrieved from: https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/sites/default/files/pyd-tpp-checklist.pdf